Saw the following post on loop.tt for Mental Awareness Week. Thought it would be good info people to have. I know there is still a stigma attached to mental health issues in Trinidad and Tobago. I thought this information would be good to have handy.
1. Anna McCartney MSc, Counselling Pyschologist. Anna deals with a wide range of topics including anxiety, depression and trauma. Location: Hunter Street, Woodbrook. Contact number: 352-6625.
2. Dr. Krystal Jane Versammy covers depression, anxiety, panic disorders, interpersonal relationship difficulties, personality disorders, child sexual abuse and much more. Location: petit Bourg. Contact number: 352-4233.
3. Nicholas Voisin, MSc – Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Original Pain Therapy (OPT), mindfulness, depression, anxiety, trauma, abuse. Contact number: 780-0703.
4. Reahana Mohammed, M.Sc . Clinical Psychology. Deals with anger management; stress management; CBT; Addiction Therapy. Location: Cross Crossing Medical Centre in San Fernando. Contact number: 722-2595
5. Vicky De Freitas - Co-dependency, addictions, eating disorders, anxiety, depression, relationships, trauma, bipolar disorder, obsessive, compulsive disorders, grief. Location: 20 Damian Street, Woodbrook. Contact number: 366-0843 (mobile) or 222-4041.
6. Douglas and Associates - psychological and counselling services. Located in St Augustine. Contact number: 662-0155 website: http://douglasassociates.org/
7. Analisa Wittet, Neuropsychologist. Disorders (ADHD), all Neurological Conditions, Brain Injury, Emotional Problems (depression, anxiety). Office Address: Bergerac Road, Maraval. Contact number: 776-1494
8. Dr Karen Moore, PHD, Clinical Child Psychologist. Custody and access evaluations for Court, parent education, trauma work, esp. child sexual abuse. Office Address: #14 Hilltop Drive, Champs Fleurs. Contact number: 662-2082
9. Lydia Mouget, Clinical Psychologist. Psycho-educational evaluations, play therapy, CBT, parenting including co-parenting. Office Address: Charlieville Chaguanas; Union Hall Gardens, La Romaine. Contact number: 799-0225
10. Kenrica Baptiste, Occupational Therapist. Tobago. Contact number: 730-0383
11. Isolde Ali-Ghent, Psychologist. Location: 46 Brunton Road, Apt. Front, St.James. Contact number: 628-4956 / 620-8032
For persons who cannot afford bi-monthly therapy, understand you are entitled to help by the state and sub-organisations designed to protect your mental health. Check out https://www.who.int/mental_health/who_aims_trinidad_tobago_eng.pdf
The Ministry of Health has also set up a mental health programme for low-income households who need access to help, counselling and medication - http://www.health.gov.tt/sitepages/default.aspx?id=227
Also, check out:
1. Community Mental Health and Wellness Centre (San Juan) - 638-8562
2. Chaguanas Mental Health Centre - 665-8393
3. Child Guidance Clinic (Port of Spain) - 623-2348
4. Elder Associates. Picton Street, POS. 622-6594 (24hr hotline)
Here’s also the Ministry of Health’s Mental Health Services Directory - http://www.health.gov.tt/sitepages/default.aspx?id=230
It’s #MentalHealthAwarenessWeek and we just wanted to say - even if people don't know it or don't see it, remember you are amazing and strong and you will get through this.